Samsi fresh teriyaki sauce recipe
Heat 1 cup of sake in the pan until the alcohol begins to evaporate. Experienced chefs may flame light the evaporating alcohol (this is not essential to the recipe as the up most safety must be maintained).
- Add 1 cup of soy sauce,
- 1 cup of Mirin,
- 1 cup of dashi stock *
- and one third cup of sugar.
Stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
Samsi Teriyaki sauce and instant dashi* can be bought from our online store
To make fresh dashi stock boil 2 litre of water with 200g of Konbu seaweed for 3 hours to extract all umame flavours. Add 1/4 cup of bonito flakes.
Japanese Sushi Vinegar
To make sushi rice for 4 servings.
- Mix 4 tbsp of rice vinegar,
- 4 tbsp of sugar, 2 tsp of salt and
- add it to 6 cups of cooked rice (3 cups uncooked rice).
Mix well while the rice is hot.
Samsi sushi seasoning can be bought online from our online store
Japanese tonkatsu sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons rice wine
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple sauce4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Samsi Tonkatsu sauce can be bought online from our online store